Important message

All records related to Canadian immigration are under the responsibility of immigration lawyers and/or immigration consultants

United States visas

Permanent Residency (Green Card)

United States lawful permanent residency is the immigration status of a person authorized to live and work in the United States of America permanently.

Commonly known as a green card because of its color, it serves as proof that its holder, a lawful permanent resident (LPR), has been officially granted immigration benefits, including permission to reside and work in the United States. This status stands to be removed if some conditions are not met.

Read more ...

American Citizenship

Prior to acquiring American citizenship, you must have a green card for a certain length of time.

When a Canadian obtains permanent residency through marriage to a U.S. citizen, he/she can apply for naturalization three (3) years after becoming a permanent resident.

When a Canadian citizen obtained permanent residency through employment or through a family member, he/she can apply for naturalization five (5) years after becoming a permanent resident.

If you were born in Canada but you have a U.S. citizen parent, you may also qualify for U.S. citizenship through naturalization.

Read more ...

Temporary visa for canadian professionals TN

Canadian professionals can access the American work market with more ease than professionals elsewhere in the world. This preferential treatment is due to the dispositions encountered in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

This visa is renewable annually with a time-limit of seven years. The beneficiary of the Temporary Visa for Professionals must hold at least a baccalaureate degree or equivalent.

Read more ...

Visa for professionals around the world H-1B

The International Professional Visa is very similar to the Temporary Visa for Professional. The main difference being that the International Visa for Professional leads to the Green Card (permanent residency through work); most countries, including Canada, are admissible.

Read more ...